5 Top Do It Yourself Home Improvement Projects
Deep satisfaction arrives after beautifying and customizing your home. Your specific style and taste for home improvement ideas may include major remodeling and alterations. Until your budget allows this, small changes to core features will improve both the look and feel of a whole room.
Today its easy to find guides for home improvement projects. You can do many home improvement projects yourself, without hiring a contractor for a big home remodel project.
Here are the top five Do-It-Yourself improvement projects you can begin planning right now.
1) Adding Tile: Adding tile a fast way to change the texture of any surface. You can lay them individually or in sheets, depending on design. There are plenty of choices in tile materials. There are lots of textures and colors to match existing fixtures. The only tools needed for this home improvement project is grout, a notched trowel, mortar and new tile.
2) Kitchen Cabinet Refinishing: Home transformation doesn't necessarily mean buying brand new. Some simply want to refresh what you already have. Refinishing cabinets can change the look of any room or kitchen entirely, without a major remodeling. Just apply a little sanding, new wood stain and varnish. This will renew any old cabinets. Also add new cabinet hardware. It's like discovering a completely new kitchen.
3) Time to Install a New Sink?: Remodeling is both functional and cosmetic. Change out those old sinks in the bathroom and kitchen yourself. Bathroom improvement projects include replacing vanity and counter-tops as well. Swapping out your sinks requires disconnecting the water supply. Drain your pipes and garbage disposal. This requires some basic plumbing tools.
4) How About Changing Sink or Shower Fixtures?: Install new faucets and other fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom in order to transform the look and function of these rooms. Scratched and outdated fixtures can be replaced with copper, brushed nickle, or oiled bronze faucets. Consider replacing fixtures, too. These quick home improvement projects can be done with basic tools in less than an hour.
5) Add More Storage: Additional storage can add peace of mind. Organization feels great, and adds value to any home. Transform a basement or garage into a bastion of coordination and efficiency. Add storage cabinets, shelving and/or pegboard. Having a place for everything makes the rest of your home improvement projects easier to plan.
When budgets are tight and transformation is needed, use your imagination, and get down to business.