15 DIY Home Decorating Ideas for Any Budget
Maybe you are on a tight budget after purchasing a bigger or better home. Of course, you do not want to drive up your debt by decorating it anymore than you have to. Nonetheless, having bare walls in your home without much else is well, not really a home. Here are 15 DIY home decorating ideas to spruce up your digs on a budget.
1. Curtains and drapes are a great way to transform a room’s décor and create completely new surroundings.
2. Throwing a piece of fabric on your existing furniture is a fantastic way to add that certain panache to home.
3. Chair rails and moldings are one of the least costly ways of sprucing up a boring room.
4. Who can beat painting to add that special touch to a room or hallway? By playing with various hues and optical illusions, a room can become more spacious and lively.
5. Adding shelves is great for adding storage space on the cheap.
6. Do you need more seating? A low budget solution is to take a sturdy wooden chest with storage space and add cushions on top. You get two for one!
7. Dividers are a great way to play with space in a room. Lightweight dividers are best to keep the energy flow in a room alive.
8. Plants are one the best ways to add beauty to an area for little or nothing.
9. Scour second hand and thrift shops you will be amazed at what you might find!
10. If you or anyone you know has a knack for sewing, covering throw pillows with a contrasting fabric to your room’s décor is always a winner.
11. Change your lighting. That’s right! Light has an amazing effect on the ambiance of a room.
12. Create striking artwork by covering a large artist’s canvas with a unique fabric!
13. Stencil up a boring lampshade. It will be fun and innovative.
14. Give a strange looking vase or lamp base a good perking up with a coat of either flat or high-gloss paint.
15. Damaged goods with minor discrepancies can be a good buy from department stores. In fact, many department stores sell display pieces that would look fantastic in someone’s home.
Get more DIY home decorating ideas with our free guide below. Click the button for your DIY Home Improvements Ultimate Pinterest Guide full of cool decor designs and remodeling projects.
(creative commons photo credit)